The GS safari was created due to the increasing number of GS riders who were attending the original BMW Safari. This allowed the locations to be more remote and the routes to be more off road focused and interesting.
WHAT IS THE BMW SAFARI?
The BMW Safari is a BMW customer motorcycle tour concept that began in 1994 with a trip from Sydney to Fraser Island. It is unique to Australia and there are three different flavours to choose from:
- TS Safari – An on road tour where pillion riders can join in the fun.
- GS Safari – For GS models focused on off road riding linked together with twisty roads.
- GS Safari Enduro – The Enduro is generally more remote, more challenging or both.
BMW Safaris generally run for 5 to 7 days as a point to point tour, but sometimes with the start and finish at the same location. It’s not a guided tour, the route is marked, route maps and GPS files are provided. Riders go at their own pace and take in sights along the route. While some rides have been revisited and may be similar, no two rides have been the same in the history of the Safari. This makes every Safari a new adventure.
WHY RIDE THE BMW SAFARI?
- Relax knowing that everything is organised for you so all you have to do is enjoy the ride
- Ride safe with a comprehensive support crew
- Improve your riding skills and knowledge
- Have fun exploring amazing routes and visiting places you have always wanted to go to or places you never knew about
- Escape the daily routine and enjoy great times on your motorcycle
- Meet like minded people and make great friendships
- A week long planned route covering fantastic roads
- Daily rider briefings
- Custom Safari event t-shirt
- Personal copy of the official Safari video (GS Safari only)
- Route maps and GPS files provided
- Full BMW support crew (technical, medical, tyre support)
- BMW Roadside Assistance sweep vehicle
- Pillions welcome on TS Safari
- BMW Off Road Training (GS Safari only, extra cost applicable)
- Luggage support
- Motorcycle transport to and/or from the Safari if required (extra cost applicable)