For 2022 the BMW GS Safari is heading south, 240 odd kilometers across Bass Strait and to the adventure riding mecca of Tasmania. It has been 8 long years since the GS Safari has visited Tassie and this time we will be kicking off from the states capital of Hobart.
Five days of unforgettable riding awaits, the route taking you to both the east and west coasts via a selection of Tasmania’s amazing landmarks and terrain. You will find twisty bitumen roads that rival the best in Australia, these will link up the off road riding that is as good as it gets with the added bonus of delivering scenery like no other in Australia.
In Tassie, on a GS, you can’t go wrong.
More detailed information is available in the guide below.
VIEW THE PDF GUIDE
THE SAFARI RUNDOWN
- 5 Days of adventure riding, over 1700km.
- 6 Nights Accommodation (single or twin share depending on package)
- Route marked each day by lead riders
- Route sheet and GPS file as additional navigation
- Official BMW Tech Support
- Medical Support
- Luggage Support
- Full Tyre Service
- Multiple Support Vehicles
- 5 Dinners
- 5 Breakfasts
- Feature length event video
- Event Photographer
- Event Pack; inc. T-Shirt, luggage tags, stickers & more.
Start: Sunday 1st May, Hobart, TAS
Finish: Friday 6th May, Launceston, TAS
Start: Sunday 8th May, Hobart, TAS
Finish: Friday 13th May, Launceston, TAS
Pre-Safari Off Road Training (Only available prior to week 1)
There is nothing quite like high quality training to sharpen you up for a week of
adventure riding. At this year’s GS Safari we will again offer a 2-day Pre-Safari Off Road Training Course, which will include valuable information and skills training to give you the best preparation for this 5-day adventure.
Off Road Training dates for this event will be the 30th April – 1st May at a location close to Hobart. Sometimes riding to and from the Safari is an event in itself. For those that are time poor we can arrange bike transport, details will be updated when registration opens.
What You Need
- A BMW GS
- Motorcycle Licence
- Off Road Riding Safety Gear
- Off Road Style Boots Are HIGHLY reccomended. (GS Comp Boots or similar.)
- Off Road Tyres (Can be ordered and fitted at the event.)
- GPS capability is optional.
- Ambulance Cover
- Maximum 1 x 55L Soft Luggage Bag.
(This MUST be a weather proof soft bag no larger than 55L)
- The ability to have plenty of fun riding your GS!
Safari Package Options
Single Accommodation and closest to Safari Base at each accommodation stop.
You will be allocated a room to yourself for each night.
Shared Accommodation at each accommodation stop. Twin-share, unless accommodation dictates otherwise. eg-Multi bedroom cabins or apartments.
VIEW THE PDF GUIDE